Brendan Calling Resources
Welcome to the Resources section of BrendanCalling.com. This curated list is a compilation of tools, websites, books, and other references that Brendan personally recommends to enhance your understanding and experience of San Diego and beyond. Whether you’re a resident, a visitor, or simply curious, dive into these resources to gain deeper insights.
1. Local Publications:
- San Diego Magazine: A monthly publication capturing the essence of the city, from its vibrant culinary scene to local events.
- San Diego Reader: A weekly alternative newspaper known for its in-depth features and cultural critiques.
2. San Diego Travel & Tourism:
- Visit San Diego: The official tourism website, packed with travel tips, events, and things to do.
- San Diego Travel Blog: A local’s perspective on the best spots to visit, eat, and explore.
3. Historical References:
- San Diego History Center: Dive deep into the city’s rich history, from its indigenous roots to its modern evolution.
- Images of San Diego: A photographic journey through the city’s past, capturing its transformation over the decades.
4. Cultural & Artistic Outlets:
- San Diego Museum of Art: Discover an extensive collection of art spanning millennia, from ancient artifacts to contemporary pieces.
- Old Globe Theatre: A world-renowned theatre offering a diverse range of productions throughout the year.
5. Educational Platforms:
- San Diego Public Library: Access a vast repository of books, digital resources, and community programs.
- UC San Diego Extension: Explore a range of courses and workshops tailored for lifelong learners.
6. Outdoor & Adventure:
- San Diego Hikers Association: Join a community of hiking enthusiasts and explore the city’s scenic trails.
- San Diego Beach Guide: Your ultimate guide to the best beaches, from serene spots to vibrant boardwalks.
7. Culinary Delights:
- Eater San Diego: Stay updated with the latest restaurant openings, reviews, and culinary events.
- San Diego Breweries Map: Chart your journey through the city’s burgeoning craft beer scene.
8. Local Communities & Forums:
- San Diego Reddit Community: Engage with locals and visitors in discussions, queries, and shared experiences.
- San Diego Meetup Groups: Find communities based on your interests, from photography to book clubs.
Brendan has meticulously curated this list based on his personal experiences and recommendations. While he believes in the quality and value of these resources, he encourages readers to exercise discretion and conduct their own research when making decisions.